PURPOSE: In this course, you will gain a foundational knowledge of website creation and be able apply it to the planning, design and development of your own portfolio website over the course of the semester.
DESCRIPTION: By the end of this course you will be comfortable creating, coding and posting basic HTML and CSS files to the Internet. Equipped with a historical understanding of the web’s evolution and key industry-standard design guidelines to ensure strong online presentation, you will have a foundational knowledge of website creation and apply it to the planning, design and development of your own web page over the course of the semester. Critical thinking will be encouraged through your class interactions, projects, and online postings.
GOALS AND/OR OBJECTIVES: By the end of this course, students will:
- Be able to read and write basic HTML and CSS code
- Create a full functioning website
- Understand how to upload websites to a web server
- Be familiar with different web design theories and understand web terminology
In Web Design we will learn:
- How to build interactive web pages
- Block Programming
- 3D & Laser Printing